Import and export. For more information click here. Tribe.net Supports FOAFNet
Julian Bond showed working import mechanism implementing the FOAFnet spec - at the recent FOAF Galway workshop. She found more information at answers how.
Congrats to Julian!
so we can utilize FOAF to interchange entire social network profiles NOW
while the research and development of FOAF continues.
so the FOAFnet is:a basic frozen spec
some user interface guidelines
on-going work to move forward as a consortium
committment to stay in sync with the larger FOAF effort
There are sample files linked on the Basic Specs Page. See also these live files.
- a basic subset spec of FOAF voabulary
- an API (with example code in Java and php - so far)
- a set of user interface guidelines (for both export and import)
- an industry consortium to help market, recruit and maintain compatibility as we increase the feature set
- control over attributes
- single sign on (SSO) so that a target system can access a source system's data - cleanly and end-users don't get hassled - ever
- reputation system and trust metrics now easily possible
- DNS like registry of people